Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Attitude: A Reflection in the Mirror

“Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different.” ~~Katherine Mansfield~~

I attended a fantastic networking event last night, and spoke with some incredible people. Some I had “known” for several years, even spoken with by phone, but had never actually met, and others I wished I’d met earlier and am grateful to have met now. I also had the opportunity to catch up with people I know quite well, and that’s always a great thing. As a connector* I really enjoy meeting people in general, but there was something in the air last night. Everybody was happy to be there! Everybody had a great, positive attitude. Everybody was asking how they could help someone else and not at all thinking about who was going to help them (at least not outwardly!) The energy in the room was nothing short of spectacular. More than one person said something about the importance of having fun. More than one person believed that anything was possible if you just put your mind to it. More than one person commented on the effects of maintaining a positive attitude. More than one person talked about how critical they felt it was to align your passion with your work. More than one person talked about feeling good about what you do so you can look yourself in the eye in the morning and know you’re going to have a great day. I was reminded how empowering it is to surround yourself with positive people. I felt invigorated; like I was on top of the world. And, I know my own positive energy and focus just added to the mix.

I pass that on to you today. Stay positive. Surround yourself with positive people and positive influences. Believe that anything is possible. Believe that you can do it.

“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” ~Winston Churchill


*A quick note to say that this event was the same event, now held monthly, where I discovered that I was a connector, referenced here: http://hireeffect.blogspot.com/2010/12/goals_09.html

No comments:

Post a Comment