Friday, March 25, 2011

Motivation: Finding Your Balance

“Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance." ~~Brian Tracy~~

It makes sense; when you feel balanced, you feel in control. When you lose your balance, you feel out of control. I watched my almost 5 year old on a balance beam last night when I picked him up from daycare. It was cute. He was so proud to be able to walk the beam, arms outstretched, without falling. One of his friends was even able to walk backwards on the beam without as much as a wobble. That balance is hard to find. There are certainly external activities that can help you gain that balance when you feel off center… E.F.T., yoga, meditation, relaxation, affirmations… all things I write about a lot, but sometimes forget to practice. I am looking for balance again. I’ve been feeling overwhelmed and a little out of control this week. I discovered yesterday, with the help of my accountability group, that it was really time to regain balance and control. Watching my son on that balance beam helped me see how important that balance really is. I don’t want to fall. I don’t even want to wobble. So today I practice what I preach. E.F.T. (tapping) this morning, music on now, blogging before working to put that balance out to the world, and affirmations coming soon.

What will you practice today to help you find your balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment