Thursday, March 17, 2011

Goals: Maybe you should dread success

“I dread success. To have succeeded is to have finished one's business on earth, like the male spider, who is killed by the female the moment he has succeeded in his courtship. I like a state of continual becoming with a goal in front and not behind” ~~George Bernard Shaw~~

Things that make you go, “hmmmmm”…. I don’t think I’d say I dread success, but I certainly agree that success is not the end, and in fact, only the beginning of the rest of the journey. Goals get adjusted. Sights get set even higher. Dreams get dreamier. The more you achieve the more you know you can achieve. It’s a fantastic adventure and one that doesn’t end until, well, until you end. And, since I’m definitely NOT a male spider, I’m continuing my path to success… however I define that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment