Friday, March 4, 2011

Motivation: Are you an egg?

“Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold - but so does a hard-boiled egg.” ~~Author Unknown~~

What do I intend to do today? That’s a very different question, I think, than what *will* I do today? Intentions are important, and they certainly guide me through planning, but what really matters is the action I take. Intending to take action doesn’t cut it. Get up! Get moving! Get Going! Get It Done! The energy I get from taking action is incredibly motivating and drives me to do even more. So, yes, I am motivated by my intentions, but they can also be de-motivating… One of the things I’m learning through participation in my accountability group is that I over-plan my day. I *intend* to do too much, and when I don’t get it done, I feel like I’ve let myself down. My new intention then, is to be more realistic in knowing what I can accomplish in a day, or in a week. We’ll see how that works out… Either way, I am taking action, both in getting things done today, and in adjusting my behavior! Do your actions match your intentions?

No comments:

Post a Comment