Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Attitude: Lessons From My Kitten

“I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed: and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I fail and keep trying.” ~~Tom Hopkins~~

Do you have pets? How about children? I think we could all learn something from them… Have you ever noticed how many times they will attempt something before giving up? It’s almost unbelievable.

We got kittens in January. The scenario goes something like this: He jumps up on the counter. I put him down. He jumps up on the counter. I put him down. He jumps up on the counter. I put him down. He follows me in to my office. He jumps up on my desk. I put him down. He jumps up on my desk. I put him down. He jumps up on my desk. I put him down. He goes to lie down on his cat bed next to my desk. It’s comical, but think about it. If we all had the perseverance of a kitten, we’d all be exactly where we want to be in our lives. Because believe me… as soon as I walk out of the room, that kitten is on my desk! Determination, persistence, and a positive attitude… a winning combination! Know you can, and you will.

Another thing I think we could all learn from our pets and/or our kids: it’s all about playing; everything’s a game, so you may as well have some fun.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race” ~~Calvin Coolidge

No comments:

Post a Comment