Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday: Focus

“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success; that is the way great spiritual giants are produced.” ~Swami Vivekananda

I listen to The Osgood File on the CBS Radio Network, and Dave Ross gave a great bit this morning on a recent study about multi-taskers who actually retain too much information. They can’t weed out the noise. In the age of social media and information overload, it can be hard to weed out the noise. It requires focus.

Focus. Focus on one thing at a time. Choose the task, accomplish the task. Move on to the next task. Make sure the tasks will help you accomplish your goals and take you to the next level.

“Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” ~Alexander Graham Bell

“Our life always expresses the result of our dominant thoughts.” ~Soren Kierkegaard

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jennifer.

    This is just what I needed today. I was thinking this morning about the multitude of items on my "list," and I thought, there's no way.

    You bring me back to one of the fundamentals of success...FOCUS! I shall.

    Paul Sutherland
    aka @BreakThruGuy

    ReplyDelete