Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday: Goals

“Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.” ~ Tom Landry

“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson

The one benefit of insomnia may be that I do a lot of thinking. I have goals, some lofty, some much more easily achievable which allow me to celebrate the small successes I’ve written about. The really lofty goals, like opening a 14 room Inn on Nantucket for example, I often refer to as “Lotto Dreams”.

The thing I came up with last night (or early this morning, I’m not really sure) was while it was important to have these goals, and have a plan to achieve them, I have to stop thinking of them as “Lotto Dreams”, because I don’t typically buy tickets!

I believe that if I change the way I TALK and THINK about these goals, as well as focus on the visualization of my achievement of these goals, I will realize success.

What are you doing to help yourself achieve your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment