Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday: Motivation, but slightly off topic

It’s been almost a full week since I’ve written a post. I actually feel guilty about that. All my planning and preparation (see Mondays) did not prepare me for not having reliable Internet Access, even with a wireless card. True, I got a great vacation, but the stress of not being connected actually wore me out! (No Psych evaluation needed; I know I’m type A!) I came back to 16 voice mail messages and almost 300 emails!

So, instead of my Friday Motivation post, I want to post on prioritization. We know that circumstances are what they are, and choosing our attitude about how to handle those circumstances is in our own control (see Wednesdays). But, how do you choose which priority takes priority? When all of your tasks are “Priority One”, how do you decide what to do first?

I still have not quite figured this out. I chose to answer voicemails, and then tackle emails, and put my social media tasks and blog posts off another day. I also have not taken any personal calls, or even looked at my personal email. Sorry, friends. I’ll get to you this weekend!

So my quote today: “Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.” ~ H. L. Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment