Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday: Motivation

“You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” ~Rabindranath Tagore

I speak with job seekers daily. That’s my job. They don’t always stand out. But, I spoke with one this morning who really impressed me. What impressed me was his ability to stay motivated. Despite the length of time he’s been out of work, in spite of the people who are unwilling to network, regardless of the adversity he’s facing financially, he’s motivated. He gets up every day, and works his campaign. He networks, he attends training, he looks for jobs online... He does what it takes, no matter what it takes, and he’s always on top of it. I have a lot of respect for him. And, I have a lot to learn from him.

NOTE TO SELF: Don’t lose that momentum! Keep it going! Just because it’s Friday, and sunny, and warm… doesn’t mean there is not work to be done! Just because you’re distracted, and there’s “a lot going on”, doesn’t make it ok to lose focus. STAY MOTIVTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment