Monday, January 3, 2011

Preparation

“Success will never be a big step in the future, success is a small step taken just now.” ~Jonatan Mårtensson~

It’s the first “work day” of 2011 I took the last few weeks “off”, literally. I took advantage of the down time and prepared myself mentally for the year that lies ahead. I feel as if I am ready for anything. I relieved myself of disappointment from unfulfilled expectations. I absolved myself from leftover guilt caused by not always doing what I said I was going to do. I meditated. I relaxed. I spent a lot of time thinking about what this year will bring. I believe this is going to be an amazing year…one filled with things by which to be amazed. It’s not just me… friends of mine have stated they also believe that this will be a year of great change. And, I for one, am very excited about that change. I’m not yet sure what it will look like; I do not even pretend to predict the future… but I have a plan.

I spent a lot of time physically preparing as well. I stretched a lot. I rested a lot. I laughed a lot. I also feel as if my physical space (my home office) is almost perfect. All I need now is a fresh coat of paint on the walls, and I am good to go. I love that my space is 100% conducive to accomplishment. It’s a “power” office complete with a desk fit for the CEO, a white board filled with roadmaps to success, a fountain, scented reed diffusers, “tokens of gratitude”, inspirational artwork made by my son, and of course, quotes everywhere to help me stay on track. There is a door I can close when I need to really focus, and speakers to play whatever music suits the mood. (Thanks Pandora!)

I am ready. And, I am excited by the possibilities. If you’re not feeling prepared for 2011, there’s still time! It’s never too late to take action!

“I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on man unless they act.” ~G.K. Chesterton~

Happy New Year! I wish you all great things in 2011 and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment