Monday, December 20, 2010

Preparation

“A winning effort begins with preparation.” ~~Joe Gibbs ~~

A little preparation goes a long way! I had an odd expectation last night. I expected to be stressed. I expected not to sleep well. I expected that I would lay in bed and not be able to stop thinking about how much work I had to do today, about how far behind I was, about what I *should* have done over the weekend… I am happy to say that I was WRONG! And I believe this is why:

I planned out my week on Friday. I made a list of everything (and I mean everything) I have to do this week. Personal, work, holiday-related, you name it, I wrote it down. On paper, it just didn’t seem so bad!

I got a lot of my “honey-do” list completed on Saturday. My husband jumped in, and we just got so much accomplished. So, cross off some of that personal stuff, and some of that holiday-related stuff… Nice! And then I RELAXED yesterday. I mentally prepared for this week. A little rest, a little E.F.T. (Thanks Stephanie Dalfonzo!), a little meditation, a lot of visualization…

I slept quite well, and I woke up this morning ready to attack my day! I will accomplish all I set out to do. I am not stressed out. I can get it all done, and it’s not nearly as overwhelming as I expected that it would be. The tools work! A little preparation, both mental and physical, really does go a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment