Friday, January 7, 2011

Motivation

“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” ~~Tennessee Williams~~

Some great comments on my post yesterday really got me thinking about how we get and stay motivated. I was reminded by a colleague Sheree Van Vreede (@rezlady) that we’re not in this game alone. It really does take a village, and we can rely on our networks for support. So true! My personal advisory board helps me not only stay on track, but is a huge support to me when I feel I need a little something… And, that something can be anything, really! Sometimes it’s motivation and encouragement. Sometimes it’s a sounding board. Sometimes it’s advice. Sometimes it’s a swift kick in the pants! It’s not only motivating, but extremely comforting to know I have a village out there! Social media applications like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, (and now I’m exploring Quora) have helped make that village even larger. In fact, that’s how I know of Sheree! It’s wonderful to know that there’s a whole world of people out there who are willing to help!

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart; I'll always be with you.” ~Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment