Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday: Positive Attitude

“The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it.” ~C.C. Scott

“Either way, things are a lot better - either a lot better than they were or a lot better than they're going to be.” ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

So – here we are. The Eve of Christmas Eve. Not yet the actual holiday, but filled with anticipation nonetheless. And, I have a leak in my kitchen ceiling. Water is dripping through the light fixture. And I will be preparing Christmas dinner for 10 in that kitchen tomorrow. Good times.

I am reminded of several Christmases past… The Christmas morning where we woke up late to no power in the house and were expecting my husband’s entire family for breakfast; the Christmas Day that the tree fell across my driveway taking power lines with it and blocking us all in; I could go on.

Well, on the bright side, we have wonderful memories of working together to get things done and fun (funny) stories to tell over and over. They never get old.

It really is all in how you look at it.

Another quote for today: “Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.” ~Maurice Setter

And an affirmation: I always see the silver lining and am frequently thrilled by the gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment