Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday: Preparation

“It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt

I feel so much better than I used to on Monday mornings! Between my Sunday night affirmations and my planning for the coming week, I wake up energized and ready to go! I love that I have a plan for the week, and a solid “to do” list for the day. Even if when I don’t accomplish everything on my list each day, when I actually have the list written out, and can see the things I’ve completed and crossed off, I love that I can see that I’ve gotten so much done. It used to be that I’d set what my husband calls, “unrealistic expectations”, mostly because I’m not very good at judging how much time certain things will take, but when I can really see how much I’ve crossed off the list, it’s a great feeling. We’ll talk (again) about staying focused tomorrow, but know that the list, and actually being able to “see” that list, really helps!

Last night’s affirmation: I have enough energy and focus to accomplish even more than I planned.

If you want some help drafting your own “planning affirmation”, feel free to drop me a note!

No comments:

Post a Comment