Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday: Goals

“Clothe with life the weak intent; let me be the thing I meant.” ~John Greenleaf Whittier

Goal setting is akin to making resolutions, so every Thursday for this month, I will resolve to do one thing, thus creating my list of “New Year’s Resolutions” for 2010. There is just so much I want to do, it’s hard to know where to start… and sometime, therein lies my problem. Can you relate? So, here goes:

1. I will be a better networker. This includes better communication with family, friends, colleagues, and those whom I have yet to encounter. I slacked this past year in sending birthday cards, thank you cards, acknowledgements, photos, updates… I gave myself permission to do so, but still felt badly about it, so clearly that was not the right answer for me. I teach networking as a lifestyle… and I take that to the nth degree professionally… but really want to do a better job personally. And I will. Starting now.

So, my short term goal – to send an anniversary card to my grandparents, a birthday card to several people with upcoming December birthdays, and holiday cards.

And, my longer term goal – to send at least 5 acknowledgements / thank you cards per week. I’m absolutely certain I can find one person per weekday to be thankful for. It starts now.

Thank YOU! Those of you who check in to read my posts…I appreciate you! I’m thankful for the opportunity to help encourage you do all you can do, and to stay motivated while doing it!

What will you resolve to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment