Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday: Positive Attitude

“Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

What an empowering concept! I love when I find the perfect quote for expressing my thoughts for the day!

My preschooler has been home sick for the last few days so I’ve been spending more time than usual observing his behavior. There is so much to be learned, or remembered, from the mind of a preschooler. He is so innocent. He is so full of imagination. He is so full of joy and a zeal for playing! He can turn a crayon into a rocket ship in the blink of an eye. He can become Bob the Builder or Spiderman or Superman by simply turning around. He can do anything he wants to do and be anyone he wants to be just by thinking it is so. Even through a fever, he can smile just by getting a hug. He knows he is loved unconditionally, and even when he spills an entire full cup of milk all over his just-changed-into clothes he can turn tears to laughs in seconds. What power! How empowering!

Everything I need to know…

No comments:

Post a Comment