Friday, August 13, 2010

Motivation

“The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice that which we are for what we could become.” ~~Charles DuBois~~

Every moment we’re awake can be a learning experience. I was reminded yesterday through a series of events, that even (and maybe “especially”) the most challenging of situations are fantastic opportunities for learning and practicing what we learn. I silently cheered as I noticed that what I DID was not at all what I normally do. I sacrificed a habit. I learned from my past, applied what I learned to my present, and noticed a significant difference in how people responded to me. It was a great experience. It did not at all change the challenging situation. But in changing how I responded, I took responsibility for how I felt about the situation, and THAT made all the difference in the world!

What behaviors or beliefs can you sacrifice to become a better you?

No comments:

Post a Comment