Thursday, August 5, 2010

Goals

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” ~~Les Brown~~

I had a great conversation with a great friend last night, and for whatever reason we started talking about lottery tickets. (Really we were talking about money, but whatever!) I was asked if I ever actually bought them (lottery tickets, that is.) Honestly, occasionally I do, and my reasoning is that you have to keep the dream alive… which gout me to thinking… I keep the dream alive anyway! I set my sights high and do what it takes, and I am a firm believer that there isn’t anything that I “can’t” do. If you’re familiar with the Winnie the Pooh characters, this may ring a bell…

“They're quite a critter, those furry beasts
Why, to himself he's a mystery
He cannot think of one thing he can't do
Be it climbing trees or bouncing games
It doesn't matter, it's all the same
That's what Tiggers do best
Yes, that's what Tiggers do
It doesn't matter how or who
That's what Tiggers do best”

Winnie the Pooh: Take My Hand – “That's What Tiggers Do Best” Lyrics
Singers: The Owls

So, shoot for the moon, my friends! Keep dreaming, keep setting goals, and believe that achieving those goals is exactly what you do best!

No comments:

Post a Comment