Monday, August 2, 2010

Preparation

“Sometimes it seems your ever-increasing list of things to do can leave you feeling totally undone.” ~Susan Mitchell and Catherine Christie, I'd Kill for a Cookie~

Preparing for the day ahead is sometimes a challenge. It frequently takes too much self control and discipline for me to stop what I am doing right now, and plan for later. Sometimes it’s easier to plan for the week, month, or year ahead, because they seem so much more abstract. I’ve decided that while I know it’s a very good thing for me to have a plan and be as prepared as possible for the immediate tasks at hand, it’s sometimes just as much a good thing for me to have no short term plan at all, and just go with it. My long term plans are solid. The preparation to help me achieve my longer term goals has been ongoing. I know where I want to end up and feel really good about how I am going to get there. So, when I find myself stressing out about the utter lack of planning I have done for tomorrow, I can handle it. I simply remind myself that sometimes the best things happen by accident.

“Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.” ~Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A.A. Milne

“Some of the secret joys of living are not found by rushing from point A to point B, but by inventing some imaginary letters along the way.” ~Douglas Pagels, These Are the Gifts I'd Like to Give to You

1 comment:

  1. Yes, preparing can be hard, very hard. I found it just a bit easier to do it the night before. Also, I love your 2 quotes. TTFN

    ReplyDelete