Friday, June 25, 2010

Motivation (many quotes and a few affirmations)

“I make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes.” ~~Sara Teasdale, from "The Philosopher" ~~

It’s sometimes hard to stay motivated when you’ve hit a “plateau” whether it’s about your diet, building your business, or staying on top of your job search, but we know we need to keep going, even when we don’t feel like we’re making progress. It can be even more difficult to stay motivated when we feel like we’ve made a wrong decision, or we start second-guessing our decisions. We can get stuck. I think then, it’s even more important to stay motivated and keep going. As Thomas Edison once said, "I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward." I really like that sentiment, and coupled with the knowledge that, "We have a choice every day - to act on yesterday's good intentions or get an early start on tomorrow's regrets," (via Robert Brault), I am committed to not losing steam!

Some affirmations on this topic might be:

I work well with what I am given and make the best of any situation.
I am encouraged by my learning process and know I am on the right track.
I am enjoying my journey.

Happy Friday, everyone! Enjoy your weekend and make the best of your time. And, remember the words of John Lennon, “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.”

No comments:

Post a Comment