Thursday, June 17, 2010

Goals

“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” ~~Jim Rohn~~

I mentioned yesterday that dreams are critical to success and that if you knew how to get there, or knew how to do it, it would be a TO DO, not a dream. Something else I learned from Brad Sugars two nights ago was that once a dream gets within 5 years of happening, it becomes a goal.

Accomplishing goals requires planning, and then requires action. Here’s what I learned yesterday and today; planning requires discipline. I have ideas about what I want. I have visualized my future. I know my 20 year plan. But I have no idea how I’m actually going to REALLY accomplish my next goal. I have broad stroke thoughts on how I’m going to get there, and I have my nitty-gritty TO DOs to get my daily work done. What I don’t have is a real plan. I have a lot of work to do, and today, with you as my witness, I am beginning to plan the way to accomplish my goals, devoting myself to the discipline needed, and frankly, calling my coach!

I know I don’t have to do this alone. I am grateful to my network, and to all of those who support me.

Have you tapped your network today?

No comments:

Post a Comment