Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday: Positive Attitude

“The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes.” ~William James

Last night I wrote about my clear lack of clarity regarding which direction I want to take my business. And I spent most of the evening thinking about all of the people I encounter who are at some sort of crossroads. I even spoke with one person this morning who is in a high-powered role, and now that she has two small children (and just returned to work after a maternity leave) she is questioning whether or not she wishes to continue in a role with such great responsibility.

It seems that in a time filled with uncertainty in many areas of our lives, we are revisiting what’s really important to us. That actually excites me. By altering how we look at things we can create a new reality. I have always known what’s most important to me; it’s why I started my own business. But I lost sight of that somewhere along the way and now it’s up to me to change the way I look at my role and get back to the reality I want.

In the past I have written about visualization and the importance of goal setting. I urge you to revisit your plan and make sure you’re really going in the direction you wish to travel. And remember, you are exactly where you are supposed to be today. Sometimes it takes setbacks and challenges to help us recognize when things are going the right way.

“Make your optimism come true.” ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment