Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday: Positive Attitude (and Affirmations)

“Constant repetition carries conviction.” ~Robert Collier

OK, so maybe not a powerful quote in itself, but the thought behind this one this morning comes from the power of affirmation. I have written in the past about some affirmations I use. Last night I went to sleep (powering through some insomnia and actually falling asleep was the first great success) repeating these words in my head,” I am focused, motivated, and positive.”

Here’s the story. I went to bed too late. It was about an hour and a half later than normal. And, I have a presentation I am giving tonight on “Social Media & Your Career Campaign” so I need to be “on”. And, I have a ton of work to do today. And, I have a bunch of personal stuff going on (who doesn’t?). And… And… And…

And, as I lay awake I realized (thankfully) that again, I can control this. I thought about how I needed to wake up alert, focused, and ready to go. And, I needed to sleep unstressed by the daunting morning ahead…

So, I started my affirmations, and let me tell you – I feel GREAT today. I am tired, but I have coffee for that. As far as being focused, motivated, and positive, well, this post should speak to that!
Remember... “If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing -- you're right.” ~Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment