Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday: Preparation

“Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control.” ~Richard Kline

As a control freak, this is a tough one for me. I don’t ever want to be a victim of circumstance (to quote my favorite singer) but there’s a fine line between being prepared and over-thinking, (a.k.a. over-stressing) about all the possible outcomes and how I can direct them. Sometimes you just have to let things happen and see how they turn out. I don’t prepare for the worst, because I don’t even want to put that out there – but as long as I believe that things happen for a reason, I’m ok. And, so far, I have to say that my life has turned out pretty well! Today, I celebrate my 7 year wedding anniversary! I can’t believe how far we’ve come, and am so looking forward to the rest of our journey – wherever it may take us.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, congratulations!

    Tip: Find at least one thing to celebrate with each family member every day. Better yet, make it a positive daily ritual with each.

    Godspeed.

    Paul Sutherland
    aka @BreakThruGuy

    ReplyDelete