Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday: Goals

“Amidst all the clutter, beyond all the obstacles, aside from all the static, are the goals set.” ~Donald Rumsfeld

Setting goals involves the establishment of specific, measurable objectives. Goal setting is a process that allows you to spell out, and then work towards your objectives. But, goal setting requires motivation. And, sometimes, with all the “noise” out there, it’s hard to find that motivation. Is it silly to set a goal to set goals?

I found it best to set two different kinds of goals.

The first set will help me achieve my “twenty year plan”. They include business goals and personal goals, and they are fairly “task” related. They include sending acknowledgements to at least 10 people a week, reading certain books, and building a successful business. Knowing where I want to end up is useful in setting the course for how to get there.

But, in order to stay motivated about my goal setting, I also set daily goals. These are more about personal accomplishments and living up to my affirmations. Today, my goal is to make 10 people smile.

I hope you’re one of them.

1 comment: