Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday: Positive Attitude

“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” ~Edmund Hillary

First, let me just say that it’s really good to be back. I’ve missed this. I know that I have written in the past about allowing myself the freedom of not feeling guilty when I don’t post… but sometimes I feel guilty when I don’t post.

So, in addition to the “attitude” theme, this post will also be about forgiveness. Forgiving yourself may be the first, and possibly the most important step in maintaining a positive attitude. If you blame yourself for things that have happened in the past, or *blame* period, then you can’t effectively maintain the positive attitude. When you *choose* your attitude, you’re not making a temporary choice. You can’t *choose* to be a non-smoker, and then smoke again. You can’t *choose* to be ethical and practice integrity, and then not. It’s one thing to have set backs. We all do. It’s another thing to wallow in those setbacks. So, today, I challenge you to forgive yourself. It’s ok. It was in the past. Now pick up the pieces and go do what you have to do!

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment