Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday: Preparation

"Execution is the ability to mesh strategy with reality, align people with goals, and achieve the promised results." ~ Larry Bossidy

Preparation and planning are the first steps to successful execution. Visualization is one of the most powerful forms of preparation I can think of. I’m not sure if it helps because you’re putting the thoughts out into the ether… or if it just helps you get your mind in the right place… and I’m not sure I actually care why it works. I just know it does. I reminded myself last night as I was preparing for this week, that I really need to get back into this. It’s time. Some tools I use to assist me through visualizing my future are pictures (actual cut out of photos of me sitting behind some giant mahogany desk that I cut out from a magazine, photos of me cut out and placed on pictures of big stages with projector screens behind me, like the stage on which you might see Bill Gates or Tony Robbins standing); checks made out to my business for large placement fees, articles or press releases I draft that tell of my huge successes, photos of the 14 room inn on Nantucket where I plan to “retire” some day…etc. These take time to prepare, but you can really have fun with it.

Where do you see yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment