Monday, April 25, 2011

Preparation: Doing Nothing

“We are always getting ready to live but never living.” ~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~

Sometimes the best preparation is to do nothing. Well, maybe “doing nothing” isn’t exactly what I mean. Taking a break; resting, relaxing, recharging, taking care of yourself. Not worrying about when or how things are going to get done, but trusting that they will when you’re in a better place to take care of them…

I took a semi-long weekend. I recharged. I started to think about the workload in front of me, and then I reminded myself that in order to be at my best, I needed to feel my best, and what I needed was a break in order to have that happen. And, here’s the thing… I gave myself permission to take a break and not feel guilty about it! Well, ok, I’m still working on the not feeling guilty part a little, but I am ready to face the week ahead with renewed energy, renewed vigor, and a renewed sense of empowerment. Taking my cues from the buds popping up on every tree, from the dandelions poking through the bright green grass, from the birds and even the bumblebee I saw yesterday, all who “took the winter off”, I am revitalized and ready to go! And, all it took to prepare for that was “nothing”.

Are you prepared for the wondrous week ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment