Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Attitude: Life is Abundant

“All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.” ~~Leonardo da Vinci~~

I’ve been working a lot lately on changing my perception. Using tools being taught to me by so many people now that I am open to learning them, I am changing how I look at the world. (E.F.T., short meditations I can do anywhere, pressing “pause”, breathing exercises, and so much more!) I recently wrote about how I was changing my perception on the work load I have. I simply decided that it was time to shift the way I viewed my calendar. I have moved from saying that I’m overcommitted and that I have too much to do, to saying that “life is abundant”. (Full credit on that statement is given to a colleague of mine with whom I was having this conversation!) I have just stopped focusing on the negative stress and focusing on how lucky I am that I have so much influence. It’s all in our attitude. It’s possible to change how we feel about anything just by making our minds up to do so. It’s all about altering our perception about our reality and our circumstances. It’s all in our own control if we would only learn how to shift our mind set. I know most will say that it’s not that easy. I get it. I used to be one of those people. It does sound crazy. If it was so easy to change how you felt about something then everyone would do it. The world would be a happier place. Hmmmm… We may be on to something here…

No comments:

Post a Comment