Monday, February 28, 2011

Preparation: Are you prepared for success?

**prep•a•ra•tion [ prèppə ráysh'n ]

NOUN
1. preparing something or somebody: the work or planning involved in making something or somebody ready or in putting something together in advance (often used before a noun) "a preparation time of about 45 minutes"
2. readiness: a state of readiness "Twenty place settings lay carefully arranged in preparation for the guests."
3. preparatory measure: something done in advance in order to be ready for a future event ( often pl ) "Preparations for the next Olympic Games are already under way."

The work or planning involved in making myself ready for success…putting something together in advance of success… preparing for success… experiencing success… these were the thoughts on my mind last night while laying in a relaxation yoga pose for about 30 minutes. Yes, I know I’m supposed to clear my mind and concentrate on my breathing, but it seemed much more productive (and proactive) to contemplate my success. I “saw myself” successful, stress-free, and exactly where I wanted to be. Call it the belief in the power of positive thinking, call it affirmation, call it “calling on the universe”, call it what you will. I’m calling it “awesome!” It was invigorating as well as relaxing. I felt focused, confident and powerful, and because I was also extremely relaxed, I slept really well. I even dreamt of coaching someone through the attitude adjustment process and readying them for success. I kept asking them, “How good are you willing to have it?” It was a wonderful dream! I woke up feeling well-rested and eager to start my day! I am re-energized, ready for anything, and prepared to take in all the great things coming my way! What a great way to prepare for my own success! How will you prepare for success?

**Content above provided by Encarta® World English Dictionary [North American Edition] © & (P) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

No comments:

Post a Comment