Thursday, February 10, 2011

Goals: An Epiphany

“The road leading to a goal does not separate you from the destination; it is essentially a part of it.” ~~Charles DeLint~~

I had a bit of an epiphany last night. I seem to be clearing out the clutter (literally and figuratively, hence the closet thing yesterday) and making room for clarity. I love that. It seems, that even though I have always thought of my “to –do” list as sort of a short term goal… I may have been missing an important connection. “To-Dos” may be the tactical components of getting us TO our goals! OK. I know that sounds like “common sense”, but bear with me…

I am entering into a very exciting new stage in my career. I am, as stated, gaining some clarity around questions I have had for a long time. Things are really coming together. So, I was writing down some goals last night; goals to hit before 3 months, and goals to hit by the end of 2011; and then started making a “to-do” list beneath where I listed each set of goals! In other words, I asked myself what it would take to hit each of those goals, and I wrote myself a little step-by-step guide on how to get there! It was a thrilling realization for me. I have a plan forming. I have small, achievable tasks that are not overwhelming when you take them one by one. And I have some lofty (although attainable) goals set that I am really excited about hitting!

Have you thought about HOW you will achieve your goals today?

No comments:

Post a Comment