Monday, November 15, 2010

Preparation

“Before beginning a Hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it.” ~~Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A.A. Milne~~

Even Pooh learned that preparation (or, maybe I should write Preparation) is critical. This time it comes in the form of research (Research).

Those who follow blindly because that’s what everyone else is doing may be spending a lot of time doing nothing that propels them forward. Taking some time in advance of taking some action, figuring out what your needs are before you make a commitment, is more than worth that time. Identifying the little steps that will help you achieve the big dream takes time, research, and planning, and there are many forms that preparation can take. Sometimes it’s as simple as going online. Sometimes, it’s more about networking and asking a lot of good questions. And I’ve discovered that the more questions I ask, the better I can hone in on what the good questions are. Researching a target and the path that will best help me reach that target will ultimately save me not only time, but energy and effort I can then spend elsewhere.

Do you know how to get to where you want to get to?

No comments:

Post a Comment