Monday, November 1, 2010

Preparation

“If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it.” ~~Olin Miller~~

I find it very easy to procrastinate. People ask me often how I have the self-discipline to work from home, and the answer is, truthfully, I don’t. Not innately anyway. I find it. What I do have is a strong desire to succeed, and not enough of a need to rent office space. It is the preparation, both physical and mental, which allows me to appear disciplined. I know what I have to do, and I am prepared to get it done. It is my “to do list”, the picture of my 20-year plan, the mental affirmations and the consistent positive messaging that helps me at least get started. Then the rest of the week (and my writing of this blog) helps me with the rest. Staying focused, staying positive, pushing towards the goal and staying motivated make it all possible. Starting my day HERE sets my path. It is the very mental preparation I need to not procrastinate! So look out Monday! Here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment