Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Attitude & Gratitude: AThanksgiving Post

“Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.” ~E.P. Powell

My 4 year old did a Thanksgiving art project in school yesterday. His teachers asked him what he was thankful for, and they helped him write his thoughts on his masterpiece. (I can’t wait to see it!) He told me he was thankful for me, Daddy, and his old and new friends. WOW! I love my kid!

So, typical Thanksgiving-style post here I go!

I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for my friends. I am thankful for my colleagues, my clients, and my readers. I am thankful that my business is successful. I am thankful for each and every one of the people with whom I network, have networked, have helped, or in some other way have helped me.

I am thankful that my son often wakes up singing. I am thankful that he loves to learn and that I am learning the patience I need to teach him. I am thankful that my husband is my partner. I am thankful that I have friends who care about me enough to reach out to me when I get so busy that I go “radio silent”. I am thankful that I get reminded to stop and take care of myself.

I am especially thankful that it doesn’t take a holiday for me to express my gratitude.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving full of laughter, joy, peace and gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment