Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday: Preparation

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe." ~Abraham Lincoln

Well, I don’t know if I’d go *that* far… Obviously I think preparation is important. And, if you’ve been reading for any length of time, you know that I am a firm believer in careful planning… but sometimes, you have to JUST DO IT! Making a list (and checking it twice) is certainly helpful, often critical, in certain situations. But it can also be time consuming and overwhelming. And if making your list, to too much planning actually gets in the way of accomplishing anything, well, that’s not a good thing. Sometimes, the best place to start when you don’t know where to start is right in front of you! Just jump in. If you’ve planned for long term, and are relatively prepared for the week, sometimes it’s ok to roll with it…

No comments:

Post a Comment