Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday: Goals

“The road leading to a goal does not separate you from the destination; it is essentially a part of it.” ~Charles DeLint

Sometimes the path is as exciting as the destination! I remember fondly and vividly riding in the back (WAY BACK) of my grandparents’ car as we drove to South Florida from New Jersey. I can still smell the hot chocolate in the thermos my grandfather packed for me. It wasn’t really a “fun” ride for a kid. Frankly, we were in the car for two days! And the destination, actually getting to Florida, seemed like it was too far away to grasp. Yet, years later, it’s not the hotel I recall. It’s not the beach or the pool I think about first when I look back on those trips. It’s the car ride. Are you enjoying the journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment