Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday: Positive Attitude

“Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” ~Nido Quebein

OK – so back to my river analogy… We have several choices here. We can go with the flow and let the current take us where it will, but I choose not be a passive observer. We can charge the waterfall on the left side of the fork ahead, but I choose not to be reckless as I have other responsibilities (like my three year old son!) We can get out of the river completely and rest on the bank, but I choose to participate. So, my choice is to take the fork on the right. I’m prepared (I brought my map!) I’m focused (my task is at hand and I’m clear on which way to go.) And I am choosing to see the best in the path that lies ahead. I’m choosing to enjoy the journey! And I’m choosing to continue this journey with “a smile on my face and a song in my heart” (advice attributed to Patricia A. Trumpler) and I’m ready for what may come! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment