Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday: Thanksgiving Week

“Difficulties are opportunities to better things; they are stepping stones to greater experience. Perhaps someday you will be thankful for some temporary failure in a particular direction. When one door closes, another always opens.” ~Unknown

In preparation for Thanksgiving Day with our extended family, I asked my 3 ½ year old this morning what he is thankful for. I am absolutely delighted with his answers, so I’ve decided this week, since I will likely only write Mon – Wed, to share with you quotes on being thankful, despite difficult times.

I find it especially comforting, if not motivating, to remember that things really could be worse… Someone told me that if they had trouble paying their bills this month, at least they could be thankful they weren’t one of their creditors. That’s true optimism right there!

By the way, my 3 ½ year old is thankful for flowers, trees, and houses.
I am thankful for him and all his innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment