Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday: Motivation

“Difficulties are opportunities to better things; they are stepping stones to greater experience. Perhaps someday you will be thankful for some temporary failure in a particular direction. When one door closes, another always opens.” ~Author Unknown

While coaching at Hire Aspirations yesterday, one of my clients suggested that since he had no significant failures in his life, he had a hard time discerning what his significant accomplishments were. I found that really interesting. Here is a person who truly sees challenges as opportunities, and who is humble enough (perhaps too much so!) to not see how much of an asset he truly is/can be to an employer.

So, how can you turn your negatives into positives? Take action! Take control! Motivate! Change the way you look at your situation and if you still don’t like what you see, do something about it! And, if you have difficulty figuring out a new course, get help. Remember, every great player needs a coach!

As for my quest for this month: Today, I am thankful for hugs and kisses from my son, and my ability to both give and receive encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment