Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday: Preparation

“There is no short cut to achievement. Life requires thorough preparation - veneer isn't worth anything.” ~George Washington Carver

Garth Brooks writes/sings that a “dream is like a river” and the dreamer is the boat (or vessel) following the river’s course. The dreamer needs to learn from the past and anticipate the future, and needs to stay the course until he gets where he wants to go. “The River” is one of my all-time favorite songs. It really has meaning for me as I struggle often to “stay between the shores”. It also helps me remember that as the dreamer, I have some control over my path. I am a sturdy vessel, built from real-life experiences, who can and does learn from my past. (No veneer here!)Preparation and planning, along with perseverance and persistence will get you where you want to go. Let’s decide that the dreamer has a map of the river, so isn’t so unsure of the future course…

Today I am thankful for my ability to go with the flow and change course as necessary to keep my dreams afloat, all while planning whenever possible for the twists and turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment