Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday: Goals

One of my favorite “success” authors, Og Mandino said, “The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams.”

As I get through the administrative tasks of my day, getting ready to go on a much needed vacation, I am very happy to reflect on this quote. Not only does remembering the goal help me get through the monotony of some days, but it also helps me get through the rough patches, the stress, and the disappointments. I know they are all a part of the road that I must follow to get me where I want to go…

Even better, getting into the habit of setting small, achievable goals, and achieving them, helps me to stay positive and passionate about what I do. I love celebrating the small successes, and I love helping others do the same. Accomplishments feel good, even when they’re small. So today, set a few realistic goals, and go after them!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Jennifer. I too, am a fan of small, achievable goals. They are fantastic for building self-esteem. Of course we need the BHAGs as well!

    I'm a big Og Mandino fan also. I have been reading him since the 70s when he was heading up the magazine "Success Unlimited." I wrote to Og once seeking his opinion on a piece that I authored. His hand written letter to me is still a cherished possession.

    Enjoy your vacation and leave the work till you return.

    Thanks for your great posts. They are quick, hard-hitting, and beneficial.

    Paul
    aka: @BreakThruGuy

    ReplyDelete