Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Getting Back on Track

“Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.” ~~Will Rogers~~

Staying focused seems to be one of my biggest challenges. And, from what I read on a regular basis, it’s clear that it’s not just me! My post yesterday (here) describes a planning tool I use to help stay organized and make good choices about how to use my time… but it doesn’t always help me stay off the web, and focused on more critical (or more lucrative) tasks. I’ve described techniques in the past; Aligned Thinking, and Celestine Prophecy-like focused energy to name two… and when I’m in total “production mode” these work and work well… but what happens when distractions get the better of you? What happens when you’re not feeling motivated and you’d rather spend some time on Zappos, Twitter, or Facebook? I want to know what works for you. How do you maintain focus and stay productive especially when you just don’t feel like it? Do you use a self-reward system? Do you listen to loud music? Do you allow yourself the distraction knowing that you’ll pick back up soon? Is it easy for you to recognize, or admit to yourself, that you’ve lost focus? And, once you’ve realized you’re not focused, how do you get back on track? Thanks in advance for your comments! Let’s help each other out!

No comments:

Post a Comment