Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Attitude

"There is importance in today; not so much in what happens to us, but in how we respond." ~~Melody Beattie~~

Just the word “importance” could spark an entire post! My dad posted this on Facebook yesterday. Coincidentally one of my long-time friends posted “Mind over matter, right?” as her status update last night. I knew there was a message there for me. Yes! Mind over matter! Choosing how we respond to whatever happens to us is, in fact, entirely up to us. And the important thing about today really may be that we can choose differently today than we did yesterday if we want to. I get chills just thinking about that! How empowering! If you live each day choosing to improve over the day before then even when you feel like it can’t get any better, it does!

What can you improve upon today?

2 comments:

  1. I will improve on being a demonstration of keeping my word as my bond. As in doing what I say, no matter what. Always remembering that my to do list contains both what I'm going to do and not going to do. And, most importantly remember to have fun all the while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm teaching a class next week about breaking behavior patterns that hold you back. This class reminds me about the importance of attitude and our ability to change how we behave and do it for the better.

    ReplyDelete