Monday, October 18, 2010

Goals

“The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.” ~~Anna Quindlen~~

This week I am getting back to basics. I was inspired by a local Fall Festival we attended this weekend. They had simple games like a bean bag toss and some face painting. They had a clown making balloon animals. There were no fancy rides or crazy food vendors. It was simple. And it was awesome.

Work, the job search, raising a family, running a household, LIFE… things seem to have gotten complicated, and I’ve decided that they really don’t need to be. It seems the really simple things are the things that have the biggest impact. A smile, a helping hand, a kind word, a guiding light, a hug – these are my goals this week. I will offer at least one of these to all I encounter. And my life will be better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment