Thursday, May 13, 2010

Goals (plus some affirmations)

“The most important thing of all is working on living more consciously, moment to moment and day to day.” ~~Shakti Gawain~~

I was reminded, not once, but four times so far today about the significance of recognizing what is really important in life. Usually when things happen like that, there’s a reason I should write about it, so here goes.

A wise friend of mine has on her Facebook page the following quote, “Someone will always be prettier, smarter, have a bigger house or a better car. Their children will do better in school or their husband will fix more things around the house. So just let it go and love yourself, your life and your circumstances.”

An inspirational colleague of mine reminded me that every cloud really does have a silver lining and you can always find something good in every situation if you look hard enough. (And sadly, she would know!)

Too many people want to point fingers and place blame. Taking accountability for ones own actions is critical as you begin to live more consciously and be more engaged. Living more consciously and being more engaged, in turn will help you love yourself, your life and your circumstances, and find that silver lining.

My affirmations for today:

I am accountable for my actions. I do not make excuses for my behavior. I actively see the gifts in my life. I live consciously, in the present, and achieve my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment