Friday, June 24, 2011

Motivation: We all have it in us.

“They are the weakest, however strong, who have no faith in themselves or their own powers.” ~~Christian Bovee

Even when we know things work for us, we don’t always do them. Even though we know there are certain behaviors, actions, activities, rituals and practices that make us feel energized, whole, accomplished, happy… we don’t always remember or take the time to participate in them. Even when we have the tools… we don’t always use them. We’re an interesting species, us human beings.

I had a rough morning yesterday. It seems, in all honesty, that I’ve been a bit off balance for the last few weeks. I’ve been fine; happily working, feeling good about my accomplishments, enjoying my family… just a bit off. But yesterday morning I was particularly unbalanced, and frankly, it was uncharacteristic. So, I decided to take action. (Sometimes us human beings need a swift kick in the pants to take action!) I did some research (read: a quick look through an old notebook) and remembered a meditation I have had great success with in the past, so I took some steps to be prepare for the attitude adjustment I so desperately needed. Thankfully, I already had a fantastic “power breakfast” planned with two colleagues and friends, and that got me off on the right foot. I came back to my office, worked for the rest of the day knowing that it was all going to be better soon. I went to the store and bought a few things that in my past have helped me achieve the most out of the meditation I was planning – a green candle and some new Tigers Eye tumbled stones (that’s a whole other post!) – and just before dinner I found 30 minutes of quiet time. I lit the candle, meditated, did some visualization, and BOY! It was nice! I then had a relaxing evening, and went to sleep knowing that things were changing.

And, change they did! I woke up this morning 40 minutes before my alarm, and I feel great! So, instead of asking myself what took me so long (which believe me, I started to do!) I am grateful that I have the tools I need to get out of my own way and re-energize, motivate and achieve!

And, I ask you – what can you today to get back on track?

No comments:

Post a Comment